November 2, 2013
Utopia village under threat
Prior Approval Application Ref 2013/6589/P for the Change of use from Offices (Class B1a) to Residential units (Class C3) at Utopia Village
Utopia Village submitted a revised application for a change of use from offices to 53 residences on October 15th having withdrawn the first one they made in August.
(NOTE: Comments / objections sent for the first one will not be taken into account for the current application.)
Many of us want to keep the mixed character of Primrose Hill where people live, where people come to work everyday and where we have a really lively mix of services and businesses serving us all. We need to do everything we can to keep the businesses in Primrose Hill. Should Utopia Village switch to residential use, hundreds of jobs will go and much loved local eateries and businesses put at risk.
The recent change in planning law means this type of change of use can be done without the need for a full planning application. The grounds for objection are very limited.
However, we may be able to stop this by objecting using the following points:
- There will be a significant increase in vehicle movement by residents, their visitors, taxis and delivery services in and out of the site via extremely limited access routes
- Point 1 presents a very clear danger to children/ adults travelling to and from the nearby Primrose Hill school (Chalcot Road is currently a safe route to the school)
- There are concerns about access for emergency and service vehicles into and within the site.
- The transport report presented by the applicant is simply not sufficient to assess the transport and travel impact of what is a large development in a small and sensitive area.
- IMPORTANT: If you sent an objection either to the August Application or to this application and have not mentioned the transport issue, please write again mentioning the above – they will be counted as additional comments.
Send your written objections to Camden Planning Department by NOVEMBER 8TH – please re-phrase in your own words. We understand that if there are many strong objections then the Planning Officer will have to talk to members of the council.
Application No 2013/6589/P and open Write Comments Here
Email: Skelli-Yaoz, Tania <Tania.Skelli-Yaoz@camden.gov.uk> and quote appli- cation number 2013/6589/P in the subject box.
October 28, 2013